- n the property of being narrow; having little width
the narrowness of the road
- n an inclination to criticize opposing opinions or shocking behavior
- n a restriction of range or scope
the problem with achievement tests is the narrowness they impose on students
the attraction of the book is precisely its narrowness of focus
frustrated by the narrowness of people's horizons
- n a small margin
the landslide he had in the electoral college obscured the narrowness of a victory based on just 43% of the popular vote
- Despite the narrowness of his victory, and after only seven weeks on the job, Caldera has already made a notable start toward fulfilling his promise of el cambio.
- These overriding issues coalesced to shape a generally sour mood on the part of voters that contributed either to the defeat of Republican incumbents or to the narrowness of .
- Yet some also think his narrowness crippled his church.
News & Articles
- Why Science and Politics Don’t Mix
Steven Pinker, professor of psychology at Harvard University and author of such popular science books as “The Blank Slate,” recently wrote an essay for the New Republic in defense of science. From left and right, he notes, from intellectuals as well as from anti-intellectuals, science is under attack for its arrogance, vulgarity and narrowness of vision.
Aug. 20, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Pope Benedict XVI in Aljazeera.net
Jews, Muslims and Christians alike call this city their spiritual home...... There should be no place within these walls for narrowness, discrimination, violence and injustice,Benedict said. "Believers in a God of mercy ...... must be the...
- Paul Martin in CBC.ca
I think that it demonstrates a narrowness of mind and arrogance that is unacceptable...... What they're saying is that if you don't share the separatist option, then we don't believe that you belong in contemporary Quebec,Martin said.
- Jermain Taylor in Daily Times
Many evangelicals have begun elbowing against the narrowness of the religious right, becoming more globally focused and more likely to consider themselves 'pro-life and pro-poor.' Depending on your perspective, this may be creeping liberalism or... Michael Gerson http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Gerson&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNECAfuwo-qc3fs3ISTha348ali-3Q PR Newswire (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://sev.prnewswire.com/magazines/20061105/NYSU01005112006-1.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGfZB7XXbPADoIcip8GLs_w7eTQhA Nov 5, 2006
66594 88636 nary I'm going to win every round. I'm not going to lose nary a round," Taylor said. "If it goes 12 rounds I will win all 12. If not, it's because they will be raising my hand after the knockout." "I feel more relaxed. I'm getting a lot...