- n an inclination to criticize opposing opinions or shocking behavior
- My trouble is with a Christian Religious Structure that teaches narrow-mindedness.
- Filled with his new learning, he created a furor by denouncing capitalism, the monopoly of wealth, the "narrow-mindedness of the wealthy students at Harvard.
- In a Party infamous for censorship and narrow-mindedness, once intolerable ideas are getting a hearing at the most exalted levels.
News & Articles
- Party polarization causing disillusionment
PARTY POLARIZATION CAUSING DISILLUSIONMENTI continue to be amazed at the selfish narrow-mindedness of our Republican and Democratic parties including those diehard, tunnel-vision citizen supporters who continually defend their party's negative positions and poor performance. It seems their party can do no wrong while they condemn the opposition party at the detriment of our country.
Jan. 19, 2014 - Bluffton Today
- Mark Twain in Winona Daily News
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness,Mark Twain wrote in 1869, "and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts."
- Mark Dayton in San Jose Mercury News
This report really properly chastises the (Bush) administration for its narrow-mindedness,said Dayton, who serves on the Senate Armed Services Committee. "Hopefully, the administration will see the light."
- Janet Jackson in USA Today
Jackson told the crowd, "Acceptance is right. Kindness is right. Love is right. I pray, right now, that we're moving into a kinder time when prejudice is overcome by understanding; when narrow-mindedness, and narrow-minded bigotry is overwhelmed by...