- n a period of time spent sleeping
there wasn't time for a nap
- n a soft or fuzzy surface texture
- n the yarn (as in a rug or velvet or corduroy) that stands up from the weave
- n sleeping for a short period of time (usually not in bed)
- n a card game similar to whist; usually played for stakes
- v take a siesta
She naps everyday after lunch for an hour
- He suggests that a similar response may be occurring in the nap-deprived volunteers, albeit to a lesser extent, and that it may have its roots in evolution.
- Countless insomniacs yearning for sleep have looked with envy at their cats, wishing they too could just curl up anywhere and nap.
- If you have to power nap, do it right before dinner.
News & Articles
- Nap Nanny to recall all its Chill recliners following five deaths
By VERONICA LINARES, UPI.com Nap Nanny and Chill will recline all 165,000 recliners they sold after the chairs were linked to five deaths and 92 incidents.
June 19, 2013 - UPI
- Nap Nanny: If You Have An Infant, You Should Read This
A massive recall is in the news this morning after the company that makes an infant recliner called Nap Nanny says their product has caused infant deaths. The Nap Nanny is a soft, reclining surface for babies to sleep on …
June 19, 2013 - WebProNews
- Nap Nanny Recall: What You Should Know
The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission announced last week that another popular baby product - the Nap Nanny, which offers a soft, slanted surface for babies to sleep on - was being recalled. CPSC reports five infant deaths in the Nap Nanny and the related Chill recliner, and almost 100 reports of problems like babies falling off the product.
June 18, 2013 - U.S.News & World Report LP via Yahoo! News
- Kim Clijsters in WA today
We tried to plan her nap time a little bit later today so she could be here,said Clijsters, whose family spent off days at the Central Park Zoo.
- Xavier Bertrand in FOXNews
Why not a nap at work? It can't be a taboo subject,Health Minister Xavier Bertrand said Monday.
- Mike Scioscia in CNN
Hopefully, about a month from now, we'll talk about that 3-2 breaking ball that Nap hit off one of the toughest pitchers ever in a playoff environment,Scioscia said. "That was big."