mummy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n informal terms for a mother
- n a body embalmed and dried and wrapped for burial (as in ancient Egypt)
- Carter found the mummy encased in a series of coffins, with the mask, pictured at left, resting over the mummy's face.
- The unguents that saturated the mummy's bandages glued them in place, which meant the body was damaged as it was removed from the sarcophagus.
- LOVING HANDS: Fletcher examines the mummy in the tomb where it was dumped.
News & Articles
- Justin Bieber Cleared After Knocking a Paparazzo Over With His Ferrari
We're no expert on Egyptology, but we're fairly certain Justin Bieber must have stolen some mummy's treasure in the waning days of 2012. This may have been an incredibly bad year for the kid, most of which has been his own doing, but one mustn't discount the death of Christopher James Guerra, the 29-year-old paparazzo hit and killed by an SUV when he ran into the street to snap a picture of the ...
June 18, 2013 - Spin
- Unchecked looting guts Egypt’s heritage, with one ancient site ‘70 percent gone’
By Betsy Hiel, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review ABU SIR AL MALAQ, Egypt — A wispy-haired mummy’s head, bleached skulls, and arm and leg bones are piled outside looted tombs. A mummified hand ...
June 16, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Prince William in Us Magazine
Never being able to say the word 'mummy' again in your life sounds like a small thing,said William, whose mother died in a car crash in Paris almost 12 years ago, when he was 15. "However, for many, including me, it's now really just a...
- Zahi Hawass in USA Today
I can say for the first time that the mummy is safe and the mummy is well preserved, and at the same time, all the tourists who will enter this tomb will be able to see the face of Tutankhamun for the first time,Egypt's antiquities chief Zahi...
- Eamonn Holmes in The Press Association
He said: "She's a wonderful mummy to Jack, a fantastic partner both personally and professionally and now, I'm proud to say, she's my beautiful wife."