- n a military force of Muslim guerilla warriors engaged in a jihad
- Under the mujahedin, everyone had his own law.
- Ghafar says he was the first Afghan member of the mujahedin to obliterate a Soviet chopper with a Stinger missile.
- The two mujahedin the Gaza men who carried the bombs knew each other very well.
News & Articles
- Attack kills 2 at Iranian exile camp in Iraq
A camp housing a group of Iranian dissidents in Iraq was attacked Saturday, leaving at least two people dead and 27 wounded, a spokesman for the group said. The rocket attack occurred on the outskirts of Baghdad at Camp Hurriya, a former U.S. base known as Camp Liberty, now the home of the Iranian exile group Mujahedin-e-Khalq. There was no immediate claim of responsibility, which the group ...
June 16, 2013 - KSAT San Antonio
- Iranian Dissident Camp Comes Under Mortar Fire In Iraq
The Mujahedin-e Khalq Organization (MKO) Iranian exile group sheltering in Iraq says at least one person has been killed after its camp outside Baghdad came under mortar fire. The MKO is the militant wing of a Paris-based Iranian opposition group that opposes Iran's current government and fought alongside Saddam Hussein's forces in the Iran-Iraq War in the 1980s.
June 15, 2013 - Payvand Iran News
- Osama bin Laden in Independent
...his attention to Sudan's troubled region of Darfur, where the government and its allied Janjaweed militia have been accused of ethnic cleansing of the province's black population, Bin Laden said: "I call on mujahedin and their supporters,...
- Ayman al-Zawahri in ABC Online
I announce the good news to Bush: he has bogged down his Ethiopian slaves in a real disaster in Somalia. The Mujahedin will break their back,Zawahiri said. "The Americans, who encouraged them on to their ruin and are giving them orders...
- Steve Coll in Lew Rockwell
As Steve Coll reported in his superb book Ghost Wars, for instance, "Under ISI [Pakistani intelligence] direction, the mujahedin received training and malleable explosives to mount car-bomb and even camel-bomb attacks in Soviet-occupied cities,...