- n a military force of Muslim guerilla warriors engaged in a jihad
some call the mujahidin international warriors but others just call them terrorists
- Not even the mujahidin would follow, and several were making "boom" noises and gesturing about flying body parts.
- Eliminate the CIA: Osama bin Laden is the product of the height of CIA folly, the training, arming, and sponsorship of the Afghan mujahidin during the 1980s.
- The mujahidin control the old quarter, but sectarian fighting has made Herat unsafe for anyone.
News & Articles
- Al Qaeda's boss is fed up with Al Qaeda's Syrian 'affiliate' ISIS
The level of direct coordination between Al Qaeda's leadership in Pakistan and the group that originally was known as Al Qaeda in Iraq has always been limited - and has appeared pretty much dead since 2006. Though you can still find references to "AQI" in US government literature and press reports, the group has rebranded itself multiple times - first becoming the Mujahidin Shura Council, then ...
Feb. 3, 2014 - Christian Science Monitor via Yahoo! News
- Ayman al-Zawahri in Taipei Times
In the 90-minute video, al-Zawahri warned of the "presence of hypocrites and traitors among the ranks of the mujahidin, working and fighting for the Americans."
- Osama bin Laden in Roanoke Times
In a 2004 recording, bin Laden said, "All that we have mentioned has made it easy for us to provoke and bait this administration. All that we have to do is to send two mujahidin to the furthest point east to raise a piece of cloth on which is...
- Zbigniew Brzezinski in Mother Jones
According to the official version of history,Brzezinski said, "CIA aid to the mujahidin began during 1980, that's to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan. But the reality, kept secret until now, is completely different: on 3 July...