- n a part that goes over or into the mouth of a person
the mouthpiece of a respirator
- n an acoustic device; the part of a telephone into which a person speaks
- n a spokesperson (as a lawyer)
- n (especially boxing) equipment that protects an athlete's mouth
- n the tube of a pipe or cigarette holder that a smoker holds in the mouth
- n the aperture of a wind instrument into which the player blows directly
- Buenos Aires' great independent newspaper La Prensa, killed by President Pern last spring, is to begin a new existence this month as the mouthpiece of Pern's General.
- In the "A Little History" post below I quoted a comment by Champson Liu of the People's Daily, noting in passing that he had used the word 'mouthpiece' to describe his newspaper .
- Moses the mouthpiece of God, Moses the conquering hero, Charlton Heston in that terrible movie.
News & Articles
- Halloran spokesperson latest top aide to jump ship
The mouthpiece for indicted Councilmember Dan Halloran has quit his post, The Courier has learned. Kevin Ryan, 37, resigned Friday as the lawmaker’s director of communications. He worked for Halloran for nearly one year. “I have greatly enjoyed working for the City Council, especially in the unique 19th District,” Ryan said in a statement. “I am [...]
June 14, 2013 - Queens Courier
- Oscar De La Hoya in USA Today
This type of fight calls for a knockout,said De La Hoya, who has fought as high as 160 pounds. "I may box, but if Manny Pacquiao hits me with a good shot, let's fight. Bite into my mouthpiece and let's get down to it."
- Josh Brolin in Kansas City Star
There were many different layers to the makeup, including a mouthpiece that held my mouth all the way back,Brolin says, demonstrating by hooking his finger in his mouth and pulling.
- Joey Porter in SportingNews.com
When you have a concussion or something, a new mouthpiece always fits tighter and you get a better grip on it,Porter said. "He had a mouthpiece, but he just wanted another one. A brand new one is harder. The old one, you tend to chew on...