mousetrap : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a trap for catching mice
- n (American football) a play in which a defensive player is allowed to cross the line of scrimmage and then blocked off as the runner goes through the place the lineman vacated
- If I go to grad school and invent a better mousetrap, I've created value, which I can protect with a patent and capitalize on by selling my invention to consumers.
- So you have built the better mousetrap--the world's best mousetrap, you think.
- We're trying to build a better mousetrap, but you know, it's hard to fight al-Qaeda with conventional weaponry.
News & Articles
- Lakeland Players present Christie's enduring "Mousetrap"
“The Mousetrap” by Agatha Christie is a mixture of a 1950s drawing-room comedy and murder mystery. The key, according to one reviewer, is not to let your audience know the end ... until the end.
June 18, 2013 - The Oakland Press
- 5 memorable publicity stunts
How does the builder of the better mousetrap let the world know of his product? Here are some guerrilla marketing techniques to consider.
June 12, 2013 - MSN
- Ted Olson in BusinessWeek
It might be a pill, it might be a mousetrap, it might be a Buick,Olson said.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson in Wakefield Observer
Ralph Waldo Emerson, the great essayist, said in a lecture in 1871, "If a man can write a better book or preach a better sermon or make a better mousetrap than his neighbor, even if he builds his house in the woods, the world will make a beaten path...
- Larry Lucchino in ESPN
It made sense, given their personal compatibility and their experience, to do it together,Lucchino said. "It made sense for us to divide things up. If there's a better way to build a mousetrap, we'll try that, too. But this is the way...