- n a state of gloomy sorrow
- She's splendid at showing how someone who's tucked herself into the reclusion of her illness wills herself to bloom in the presence of someone with a secret mournfulness greater .
- He may lack the dignity of the great beast, but he shares all of its innate mournfulness.
- As details about the suspect and reports of his chilling confession emerged, mournfulness turned to anger.
News & Articles
- Halls of Earning: GW’s Continuing Adventures in D.C. Real Estate
The death knell of the Corcoran Gallery of Art last month elicited a dirge from the sages of the D.C. art world, whose mournfulness overshadowed any sense of closure that might have come from the final breath of an institution long known to be suffering.
March 20, 2014 - Washington City Paper
- Maya Angelou in FOX News
Yolanda proved daily that it was possible to smile while wreathed in sadness,Angelou wrote. "In fact, she proved that the smile was more powerful and sweeter because it had to press itself through mournfulness to be seen, force itself...
- Pedro Eustache in Los Angeles Times
The depth of perception - the stirring mournfulness that comes from so many years of suffering - at some level we can all relate to that,says Pedro Eustache, a woodwind musician and ethnic instrument disciple who played the duduk in scores...