- s expressing sorrow
- s filled with or evoking sadness
stared with mournful eyes
- In an almost literal sense, it was the railroad tie that bound the nation togethertrains pumping commerce across the vast continental expanse, rattling and mournfully .
- For a man attending the inquests into the death of his beloved son and his son's girlfriend, Mohammed al Fayed was anything but mournful.
- And the guitarwork is kind of pretty and bluesy and mournful, as if it were hurt by a woman it trusted but then went and did it wrong.
News & Articles
- Sentences handed down in robbery-murder amid courtroom outburst
A long, mournful sentencing in the 2006 robbery-murder of 29-year-old Michael Thierry ended Friday in life sentences for three members of a Frankford street gang - and the arrest of one defendant's brother in a courtroom outburst in which two women were hit.
June 22, 2013 - Philly.com
- Ronan Keating in AngryApe
Talking about shooting the vid, Boyzone star Ronan Keating said: "The footage is incredibly raw and tough to watch at times but we didn't want it being too mournful and there's lots of laughter. It's us reminiscing about the times we had with our...
- Patti LaBelle in Washington Post
Before she read a poem written by Vandross's mother, LaBelle told the assembled: "There are no sad faces here today. It's not a mournful service. I'm celebrating because Luther would want us to."
- Steve Martin in Winnipeg Sun
This was for comic effect only,Martin says. "I knew the banjo had a capacity for mournful melodies and the 'high, lonesome sound.' As I was sometimes mournful, sometimes lonesome and sometimes high, this suited me perfectly."