- Outmaneuvered by the oppostion parties, the Prime Minister made a plaintive appeal to his allies for support.
- You'd never guess from the plaintive tone that the man being interrogated is supposed to be one of the world's most dangerous terrorists.
- Concentrate, instead, on the plaintive, permanently haunting variations he created for the film itself.
News & Articles
- After Katy Perry, is dumping by text standard practice?
How sad La Perry must have felt. (Credit: AmericanVogue/YouTube screenshot by Chris Matyszczyk/CNET) As one who has been dumped by Skype, registered mail, Pinot poured on bald head, head-butt, intermediary, and sudden marriage to another, I wondered what could possibly remain. Then I read Katy Perry's plaintive revelation that the very humorous star of "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," Russell Brand ...
June 19, 2013 - CNET
- OUTDOORS: Adirondacks offer great outdoor variety
The evening sun casts a soft glow on the waters of an Adirondack Lake marked only by the rising of fish, a couple of canoes of fishermen, and families of ducks swimming along the shore. The smell of a campfire mingles with the scent of pine and balsam while the silence is broken by the plaintive call of the loon. Sitting by the lakeshore and watching a deer or an osprey it is easy to forget ...
June 19, 2013 - The Oneida Daily Dispatch
- David Goldblatt in The Australian
In his excellent book The Ball is Round, author David Goldblatt quotes a Liberian coach, Josiah Johnson, who issued what Goldblatt describes as "his plaintive call to the child-soldiers of west Africa" to resist being enlisted for battle and to...
- Hamish Linklater in New York Times
I now have a more plaintive, sensitive, vulnerable register, which is apparently very annoying,Mr. Linklater, 31, said. "I lack mystery now. I'm so available now. I have to find more restraints for Matthew."
- John Rockwell in New York Times
Their voices have a plaintive allure full of light vibrato and husky emotionalism, and they blend together exquisitely in harmonies,John Rockwell wrote in The New York Times.