doleful : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s filled with or evoking sadness
the child's doleful expression
- But nothing guarantees that doleful outlook surely not the geological gift of massive resources.
- He quickly knocked out a doleful melody and a set of lyrics that were soon replaced by those of a rival lyricist: I've still that affection which I had for you;.
- One can shows a blank-looking white teenager with a doleful gaze and bags beneath his eyes.
News & Articles
- 7Days: Regional arts and entertainment
Sunday Two assignations In Bess Wohl's Barcelona, a funny and intriguing take on sexual politics, an American abroad leaves her bachelorette party for an adventurous tryst with a doleful Spaniard. The show, making its world premiere, goes on at 2 and 7 p.m. Sund
June 10, 2013 - The Philadelphia Inquirer
- David Pleat in Sportinglife.com
I hope he's the right man, they need a strong character,Pleat told BBC Radio Five. "Santini seemed a rather doleful character, he never showed any animation or authority on the touchline. Spurs have the nucleus of a fine team. They have as...
- Margaret Atwood in CTV.ca
Bashful Bob is abandoned as a baby beside a beauty parlour and is adopted by a boxer, a beagle and a barsoi,Atwood explains. "Then he meets doleful Dorinda whose parents have disappeared in a dreadful disaster and she's been dumped on...