- v mark with spots or blotches of different color or shades of color as if stained
- v colour with streaks or blotches of different shades
- s having spots or patches of color
- Kennedy's face sometimes looks flushed and mottled, with the classic alcoholic signs of burst capillaries, puffiness and gin-roses of the drunk.
- His brothers became the sweetened distillate of their best days and handsomest poses, while he made his way through more-mottled seasons, merely human, with all that humanity .
- Just as California leads America, Los Angeles mottled population, rich white minority may be the future of places like the urban centers of the Northeast, Florida, Texas .
News & Articles
- Mapping alien planets a long-distance dilemma
By Elizabeth HowellSpace.comMapping the surface features of farflung alien planets is a tough task, as a simple example illustrates.Rapidly spin a globe with black and white regions painted evenly on its surface. These distinct sections fade to a mottled grey when seen in certain orientations."You don’t see it in the light curve from the planet, so I call it a stealth map or a ninja map," said ...
June 10, 2013 - MSNBC
- Outfit of the Week: Red, Hot, and Super Cool
These mint silk cigarette pants by Raoul have a polished look and sophisticated feel that begs for the striking contrast of J.Crew's flame-red pullover. It's a combo that can handle racier accessories, like these platform wedges with leopard mottled toes. And to offset the loudness of everything else, Marni's subtle ... More »
June 10, 2013 - New York Magazine
- Iain Banks in guardian.co.uk
You can watch the prose clicking into a kind of rapturous hard-sf overdrive as Banks begins to describe it: "Sursamen collected adjectives the way ordinary planets collected moons. It was Arithmetic, it was Mottled, it was Disputed, it was Multiply...