- v colour with streaks or blotches of different shades
- s having spots or patches of color
- In a sun-dappled pool not far from the clamor of Waikiki Beach, two female dolphins poke their heads out of the water, waiting for a command.
- The candidate himself is looking well, conveying an image of sun-dappled middle age.
- Since there are no windows, Architect Saarinen has set it on arches in a moat to get a dappled light effect something like Capri's Blue Grotto.
News & Articles
- Artists paint the town during art museum paint out
On a glorious summer day, have you ever wished you could bottle the beauty, preserving a warm breeze or a sun-dappled scene to lift spirits later, during winter's icy grip?
June 11, 2013 - Wausau Daily Herald
- Rose Festival 2013: Spirit Mountain Casino Grand Floral Parade makes memories
As bands marched down shade-dappled streets, winding from the Rose Quarter across the Willamette River to downtown's Lincoln High School, cameras clicked and people carried pink boxes fat with Voodoo Doughnuts. Chalk drawings covered the pavement, and the sweet smell of cotton candy blended with the aroma of sunscreen and food-cart tacos.
June 9, 2013 - The Oregonian
- Brooke Satchwell in NEWS.com.au
I get up and go surfing at 6 and wonder what I'm doing, but you have a surf and it's worth it,Satchwell says. "When I'm driving down home to my dad's through these sun-dappled roads with Great Southern Land playing on the radio, you're...
- Paul Simon in Stuff.co.nz
Like Paul Simon said "I have no deeds to do / no promises to keep / I'm dappled & drowsy & ready for sleep".
- Richard Corliss in Sify
For Pyaasa, Corliss said, "The writer-producer-director-star paints a glamorous portrait of an artist's isolation through dappled imagery and the sensitive picturising of SDBurman's famous songs. And Rehman, in her screen debut, is sultry, radiant -...