- n someone who drives (or travels in) an automobile
- Spunky British motorists last week struck back at spectacular young Minister of Transport Leslie Hore-Belisha, sponsor of the hated "Belisha Beacon.
- When an unsuspecting motorist stopped to have his oil checked, the attendant would disable the car by tinkering with the generator or pouring water in the crankcase oil, then .
- They deflate immediately after a crash, leaving motorists free to get out.
- John Roberts in Chicago Tribune
The effect of (this) rule will be to grant drunk drivers 'one free swerve' before they can be pulled over by the police,Roberts said. "It will be difficult for an officer to explain to the family of a motorist killed by that swerve that...
- Antonin Scalia in Forbes
A police officer's attempt to terminate a dangerous high-speed car chase that threatens the lives of innocent bystanders does not violate the Fourth Amendment, even when it places the fleeing motorist at risk of serious injury or death,Scalia...
- Edward Burke in Chicago Tribune
I don't think the [city's] goal is to allow the motorist to subvert thesystem that we are spending so much money on,Burke said.