mothball : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a small sphere of camphor or naphthalene used to keep moths away from stored clothing
- v put into long-term storage
- Now Gabriel is calling for the government to mothball Germany's eight oldest nuclear plants right away, accusing Chancellor Angela Merkel's nuclear energy policies of being .
- But he figured his songs would come back, because they always did, always do some annually, like "White Christmas" and "Easter Parade," others in the musical-mothball .
- The two spacecraft share the same design and Phoenix was originally headed to the planet as Mars Surveyor 2001 until the MPL crash prompted NASA to mothball the project.
News & Articles
- Q2 Monday 5:30 p.m. top stories 6.10.2013
PPL Montana agrees to spend $10,000,000 dollars to upgrade the Corette Power Plant in Billings. How will this affect plans to mothball the facility? After a weekend attack, Billings Police warn to not take the law into your own hands!And thieves strike a local water park, stripping the business of its cash and a life-saving device. (take a look at the video!)
June 11, 2013 - KTVQ Billings
- A long cooling-off period for San Onofre nuclear plant
Tearing down San Onofre's two nuclear reactors will be a technically complex job completed over decades. It's likely Southern California Edison will first mothball the plant. Southern California Edison built San Onofre's two nuclear reactors in about nine years, but tearing them down will be a technically complex, multibillion-dollar job completed over decades.
June 9, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Ben Brantley in Telegraph.co.uk
Brantley said Radcliffe "steps into a mothball-preserved, off-the-rack part and wears it like a tailor's delight - that is, a natural fit that allows room to stretch".
- Lamar Alexander in Bloomberg
If we were going to war, we wouldn't mothball our nuclear Navy and start subsidizing sailboats,Alexander, a critic of wind energy, said today. "If climate change as well as low-cost reliable energy are national imperatives, we shouldn't...
- Ellen Tauscher in Vallejo Times-Herald
The fact that they have been sitting on this report for months is infuriating,Tauscher said. "Bay Area citizens have a right to know the environmental impact of the mothball fleet."