- n a square hole made to receive a tenon and so to form a joint
- v cut a hole for a tenon in
- v join by a tenon and mortise
- A chisel of the same size was used to mortise the rungs into the uprights.
- He shows how to design and build a flying buttress, cast a bell in bronze, use the mortise-and-tenon method on the roof beams.
- It leaves overlapping, mortise-type breaks with "sticky" ends.
News & Articles
With no opponent to challenge him for his third two-year term, Councilor John B. Mortise, Republican representative of the Second Ward aims to continue his focus on cleaning up the ward.
Nov. 2, 2013 - Rome Sentinel