mortgage : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a conditional conveyance of property as security for the repayment of a loan
- v put up as security or collateral
- A new breed of company wants to solve your mortgage woes.
- But mortgage rewrites haven't necessarily been lowering borrowers' monthly payments by much, if at all and people whose loans are held by investors have often been left out in .
- Mortgage bonds used to be the stars of finance.
- Barack Obama in Reuters India
All of us are paying a price for this home mortgage crisis. And all of us will pay an even steeper price if we allow this crisis to deepen - a crisis which is unraveling homeownership, the middle class, and the American Dream itself,Obama...
- Ben Bernanke in San Francisco Chronicle
Unfair and deceptive acts and practices hurt not just borrowers and their families, but entire communities, and indeed, the economy as a whole. They have no place in our mortgage system,Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke said.
- Ken Lewis in Forbes
We are aware of the issues within the housing and mortgage industries,Lewis said. "The transaction reflects those challenges. Mortgages will continue to be an important relationship product, and we now will have an opportunity to better...