morphine : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an alkaloid narcotic drug extracted from opium; a powerful, habit-forming narcotic used to relieve pain
- By 1937, twenty-three states had outlawed marijuana: some to stop former morphine addicts from taking up a new drug, and some as a backlash against newly arrived Mexican immigrants .
- If the alcohol wasn't getting him, the morphine was.
- By regulation of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, a physician may not supply morphine to a known addict.
News & Articles
- Registered nurse dealing hospital narcotics arrested, Ocean County authorities say
Seth Kaplan, 42, allegedly stole morphine and other drugs from Centra State Medical Center in Freehold, the Ocean County Prosecutor says
June 12, 2013 - The Star-Ledger
- Kevorkian shifted public view on assisted suicide
A woman being treated for severe burns stemming from a suicide attempt was likely to die, so the physician tending to her deliberately administered an unusually high morphine dosage to relieve her pain against another doctor’s wishes.
June 9, 2013 - The Oakland Press
- West Hurley man's conviction in morphine sale case upheld by appellate court
KINGSTON, N.Y. -- A state appellate court has unanimously affirmed the conviction of a West Hurley man for selling a large amount of morphine pills to a confidential informant and an undercover member of the Ulster Regional Gang Enforcement Narcotics Team in 2010, according to Ulster County District Attorney Holley Carnright.
June 8, 2013 - Kingston Daily Freeman
- Cyril Wecht in Washington Post
It is used for people who have been on heroin or morphine,Wecht said. "I have made those inquiries. I can only say to you no one has suggested anything having to do with drug addiction in this boy."
- Dr Anna Pou in WXii 12.com
It said Pou answered: "morphine and ativan."
- Pete Burns in Ananova
Burns, who appeared in CBB 2006, said: "I'm in a very serious condition on 24 hours intravenous morphine for the pain. Intravenous fluid as I'm so dehydrated and the kidneys can't retain the liquid. I'm critically ill and under 24 hours observation...