- n proof by a process of argument or a series of proposition proving an asserted conclusion
- n (Roman Catholic Church) a vessel (usually of gold or silver) in which the consecrated Host is exposed for adoration
- One boat bore, in a golden monstrance in an illuminated, glass-enclosed chapel, the Sacred Host.
- Ten years ago, from their cloistered monastery in Indianapolis, sisters of the Discalced (unshod) Carmelite order sent word to their friends that they wished a new monstrance .
- Pius XI bore aloft a gem-encrusted monstrance containing the Host.
News & Articles
- Bronx man gets prison time for burglarizing Liberty church
LIBERTY - A Bronx man has been sentenced in the August 2011 burglary at St. Peter’s Roman Catholic Church in Liberty where a $10,000 silver chalice, a gold monstrance and petty cash were stolen.
July 18, 2013 - Middletown Times Herald-Record