- n an acute disease characterized by fever and swollen lymph nodes and an abnormal increase of mononuclear leucocytes or monocytes in the bloodstream; not highly contagious; some believe it can be transmitted by kissing
- The ailing mids were victims of infectious mononucleosis, a mysterious disease that breaks out about six weeks after infection.
- About to leave school and always intending to go to university, she came down with mononucleosis.
- Most are Caucasians in their 30s and 40s with a college education, incomes averaging $20,000, a history of prior infection with mononucleosis and venereal disease, and a sex life .
News & Articles
- James Robinson replaces Jerami Grant on Under-19 team
USA Basketball announced Syracuse forward Jerami Grant, who has been diagnosed with mononucleosis, will be replaced by his former DeMatha Catholic High School teammate and current Pittsburgh guard James Robinson on the Under-19 team, preparing for the 2013 FIBA U19 World Championship in Prague, Czech Republic. “I’m disappointed and feel bad for Jerami,” head coach Billy Donovan said in a…
June 26, 2013 - NBC Sports: Beyond the Arc
- Digest: Mitchellville's Robinson replaces Bowie's Grant on FIBA U19 roster
Winters Mill's Oneda takes third in 5,000-meter run at United States Junior National Track and Field Championships USA Basketball team member Jerami Grant of Bowie will be unable to participate in the upcoming FIBA U19 World Championship because he has been diagnosed with mononucleosis, it was announced Tuesday. USA Basketball also announced that James Robinson of Mitchellville has been selected ...
June 26, 2013 - Baltimore Sun
- USA Men’s U19 Team Member Jerami Grant Diagnosed With Mononucleosis, Unable To Participate In FIBA U19 World ...
USA Basketball U19 World Championship Team member Jerami Grant (Syracuse University/Bowie, Md.) will be unable to participate in the upcoming FIBA U19 World Championship after it was learned today that he has been diagnosed with mononucleosis.
June 25, 2013 - USA Basketball
- Roger Federer in AFP
Federer said in a statement to organisers late Wednesday that "2008 has been a tough year for me as I was always playing catch up after being diagnosed with mononucleosis at the beginning of the year."
- Jackie Stewart in ITV.com
You have to prioritise your time,Stewart said. "He might have to do commercial appearances for Hugo Boss or whoever, but nobody did more of that than I did. That's why I got mononucleosis, and a duodenal ulcer."
- David Eckstein in MLB.com
My sister [Susan] was 16 and got sick out of nowhere. They thought that maybe it was just mononucleosis,Eckstein said. "But by the time we got to the doctor, Susan was in complete renal failure. All of the kids were tested and it showed...