- n someone who lends money at excessive rates of interest
- Last week federal prosecutors in Los Angeles were preparing indictments against an underworld moneylender named Joseph Ullo, charging him with two of the .
- Ivar Kreuger, 52, matchmaker and moneylender to many nations, arrived in Paris last week.
- He had been a moneylender.
News & Articles
- Newspapers Publish Crossword Puzzle with Jewish Slur (Video)
Tribune Media Services, which provides a crossword puzzle to numerous newspapers in the U.S., recently included a Jewish slur as one of the "clues." According to WXIA-TV , the clue was “Shylock, e.g.,” which is based on a fictional ruthless Jewish moneylender in William Shakespeare‘s play The Merchant of Venice , and the answer was "Jew." Several newspapers published the crossword puzzle on ...
July 3, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Mitt Romney in USA Today
The biggest supplier of credit programmes is state governments so there is some level of competition MFIs (microfinance institutions) face with the local moneylender and cooperative societies of the private sector, which leads to conflicts and... Emperor Titus http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titus&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFY72mB7zRapynWX59jqDDQ3feegQ Livemint http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.livemint.com/2009/07/09230603/Management-is-the-issue-not-s.html%3Fh%3DB&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNE0IW1yMZatgCqSIFYtWRaktTRDIA Jul 9, 2009
64852 86117 moneymaker I hope people don't think it's a big moneymaker and a source of economic development and good for business, because that's not what the Olympics is about," Romney said. "The Olympics is about an opportunity to serve the world and to welcome...