- n a state of being appeased or ameliorated or tempered
- n the act of appeasing someone or causing someone to be more favorably inclined
his unsuccessful mollification of the mob
- Those who made the appointment intended it to be a gesture of mollification, an invitation to calm.
- Thrilled by Rebecca's stout defiance of Brian de Bois-Guilbert ("I will not trust thee, Templar!") and his mollification by her fortitude (in threatening to jump off a parapet .
- Last week such was Wall Street's mollification toward Chairman Douglas that two of its leading firms finally acted upon this advice.