- n an adulterous woman; a woman who has an ongoing extramarital sexual relationship with a man
- n a woman schoolteacher (especially one regarded as strict)
- n a woman master who directs the work of others
- Mistress Sandy, 25, has been a successful dominatrix for two years.
- A man who once claimed he fathered the child of John Edwards' mistress now says in a book proposal that the former presidential candidate is the baby's father.
- Merrion Palmer lacks a critical quality of the ideal mistress: she is not pretty.
- Rosa Monckton in 940 News
Actually, she would have been astonished to learn that her former husband had married his longtime mistress,Monckton wrote.
- Bill Stoneman in Arizona Republic
She didn't know when she married me that I would have a mistress,Stoneman said, alluding to the demands of his baseball career. "Right now, I'm leaving my mistress."
- Russell Brand in Blackpool Gazette
Brand said: "People ask, 'Were you not tempted by those schoolgirls in the film?' I told them they're children 'but Rupert Everett was a really tasty mistress'. How I kept my hands off him was a mystery."