mission : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an organization of missionaries in a foreign land sent to carry on religious work
- n an operation that is assigned by a higher headquarters
the planes were on a bombing mission
- n a special assignment that is given to a person or group
a confidential mission to London
- n the organized work of a religious missionary
- n a group of representatives or delegates
- The last scheduled missionApollo 20will be scrapped altogether and its rocket used in 1972 to launch an earth-orbiting, three-man space station.
- Under way in Israel this week is a campaign to get Jewish children out of the Christian mission schools.
- As compared with such an unfashionable church as the Seventh Day Adventist, which spent $50,000,000 on foreign missionary work in six recent years (PTI, June 8, 1936), the .
News & Articles
- Tree crashes into house in Mission, Kan.
MISSION, Kan. — Saturday evening’s severe thunderstorm left plenty of work for clean-up crews on Sunday.. In Mission, Kan., the...
June 16, 2013 - FOX 4 Kansas City
- Mission Granbury Going Strong But Could Use Help
Many of the national groups that were originally in Granbury to help after a tornado tore though the community, killing 7 people, have left. But Mission Granbury is still lending a helping hand.
June 16, 2013 - CBS Dallas - Fort Worth
- Mission change making an impact in Albany
Folks in need of some extra help came out to this month's mission change event at First United Methodist Church of Albany. Attendees had access to showers, food, and could even get a haircut, and for some the mission has left a lasting impression.
June 15, 2013 - WALB Albany