misrule : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n government that is inefficient or dishonest
- And look at the results: unprecedented levels of decay and misrule and repression.
- Both men, through murder and misrule, were responsible for tens of millions of deaths.
- President Sukarno, after 20 years of egotistical misrule, has been stripped of almost everything but his palaces and women.
News & Articles
- Egypt gets ready for chaos in Sunday protest
President Mohammed Morsi's opponents aim to bring out massive crowds, say Egypt fed up with Islamist misrule that has economy floundering
June 30, 2013 - CBS News
- Egypt on brink, U.S. must use care
After a year of misrule by its first democratically elected government, Egypt is hurtling toward a potentially catastrophic political conflict this weekend. It's a confrontation that is unlikely to benefit either the Islamist government or its mostly secular opposition, but it could destroy Egypt's hopes for consolidating a stable democracy or addressing its profound economic problems.
June 29, 2013 - The News-Herald
- David Miliband in Independent
In a letter to The Times, Mr Miliband said: "Any sane person realises that Mugabe's misrule is only spurring Zimbabwe's descent into chaos. If Zimbabwe is to haul itself - with the help it needs and deserves - out of its current meltdown, Mugabe has...
- Nawaz Sharif in Reuters.uk
Asked what Musharraf should do now, Sharif told Sky News: "Step down, because he is part of the problem ...... The more he prolongs his misrule, Pakistan will be moving towards anarchy."
- Sheikh Hasina in AFP
It's a victory of good governance over misrule. A victory of peace over terrorism,Sheikh Hasina said, acknowledging that such a huge mandate carried a heavy leadership responsibility.