- n total lack of generosity with money
- Ulrika discovers that Mylius is in reality a multi-millionaire who has kept his fortune secret out of his excessive miserliness.
- If we were to find ourselves in another depression, this would be a vindication of their miserliness and penny-pinching.
- In a gesture of stupefying miserliness, Olmert offered a stipend of an average $20 a month to Israel's 250,000 Holocaust survivors.
- Martin Luther King in Guerrilla News Network
The federal government, King pointed out, was appropriating "military funds with alacrity and generosity" - but "poverty funds with miserliness."
- George Washington in FrontPage magazine.com
One George Washington University philosophy professor explained that 9/11 was justified because the terrorists "sought to defeat:our arrogance, our gluttonous way of life, our miserliness toward the poor:the soulless pop culture:and a domineering...
- Hyam Maccoby in BBC News
The popular myth of Jewish miserliness can be traced to Judas' love of money,Maccoby says, and he sees the caricature handed down through art and the medieval passion plays.