miser : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a stingy hoarder of money and possessions (often living miserably)
- Actually the stingy Nizam, said to possess a miser's horde of $500,000,000 in gold apart from other wealth totaling $2,000,000,000, is not exactly his people's joy, much less .
- The Allen persona the urban boy-chik as social misfit is, of course, an act, a put-on, no more the real performer than Chaplin's tramp or Jack Benny's miser.
- Scrooge boasts Albert Finney in the title role of the flinty miser who learns the true meaning both of Christmas and his own life.
News & Articles
- Graduates: Manchester, Wake Forest, Emporia State universities
*Manchester University, North Manchester: Auburn: Cody M. Freels. Fort Wayne: Daniel E. Allen, Cho Mar Aung, Brandon R. Baccari, Nicholas I. Balmoria, Andrew L. Barrand, Geneva J. Carney, Teirenney C. Fincher, Forrest A. France, Alissa K. Hart, Paul D. Knuth, Alyssa D. Loos, Gay Maria, Cameron A. Miser, Abdikadir Moburuk, Bradley V.
June 19, 2013 - Fort Wayne News-Sentinel
- Shane Warne in Hindu
McGrath is still the best fast bowler in world in my opinion. We will assign someone the task of taking him. He still is a miser. Not more than 29 runs have been taken off him. We hope to take 30 tomorrow off him,Warne said.
- Vince Vaughn in USA Today
I love the Heat Miser,Vaughn says, referring to the cultish villain of 1974's The Year Without a Santa Claus who competed with his brother, Snow Miser. "The Island of Misfit Toys from Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Our film is a kind of...
- Lance Armstrong in Independent
This defendant, Miser, put Christy Hoenig in harm's way by having her delivered to a man for illegal purposes in a strange town, a town she was unfamiliar with. The arrangements were made over the telephone with Gary Schuning and the price for this... Joe Birkett http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Birkett&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFiT_TyK_CkNLOFcYrvC3C8MFH5ig NBC5.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.nbc5.com/news/7549472/detail.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEkKmLhOdGBEpP0Y5Cf1eTQn_ec9Q Feb 28, 2006
64101 85422 miserable I've never had this happen before; it's pretty painful. I feel really miserable," Armstrong told reporters.