mirror : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n polished surface that forms images by reflecting light
- n a faithful depiction or reflection
the best mirror is an old friend
- v reflect as if in a mirror
The smallest pond at night mirrors the firmament above
- v reflect or resemble
The plane crash in Milan mirrored the attack in the World Trade Center
- When called upon to justify tawdriness in his newspapers, William Randolph Hearst likes to reply: "If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, don't blame the.
- It looks like an ordinary mirror most of the time, but when it's activated, an ethereal face appears on its surface, and it makes timely pronouncements--that a car has arrived in .
- Between this Scylla and Charybdis, mirror designers are charting a variety of bold, new courses.
News & Articles
- Kids visit flight museum
Mirror Photo / Mary Laschinger Kirby JESSE LOFFER asks a question of the New Diana students viewing his airplane at the Flight of the Phoenix Museum.
June 16, 2013 - The Gilmer Mirror
- New Mirror's Edge Set In An Open World
The newly announced Mirror's Edge game is set in an open world, according to Electronic Arts. During a recent analyst call, EA Labels president Frank Gibeau called the cult classic follow-up an "open-world action adventure game." Nothing was mentioned about how an open environment would influence the gameplay. EA revealed Mirror's Edge 2 at the end of its E3 press conference. If you missed the ...
June 12, 2013 - Game Informer
- 'Mirror's Edge 2' Debuted At E3!
Did EA just absolve themself by announcing "Mirror's Edge 2?" Probably not, but it's certainly a running leap in the right direction. E3 is shaping up pretty nicely for Earth's Most Evil Comapany®. Announcing "Battlefront 3" and now "Mirror's Edge 2" may have tipped the scales a bit for some of the jaded gamers over [...]
June 10, 2013 - MTV
- David Remnick in Los Angeles Times
Satire is part of what we do, and it is meant to bring things out into the open, to hold up a mirror to the absurd,Remnick said.
- Plaxico Burress in International Herald Tribune
Like I said, I am human,Burress said after practice. "I have made some mistakes. I haven't made the best of decisions, I am aware of that, and I am the first one to look myself in the mirror, be honest with myself, and say that. But as far...
- President Bush in New York Times
I don't see how I can get back home in Texas and look in the mirror and be proud of what I see, if I allowed the loud voices, the loud critics to prevent me from doing what I thought was necessary to protect this country,Mr. Bush said.