minoxidil : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a vasodilator (trade name Loniten) used to treat severe hypertension; one side effect is hirsutism so it is also sold (trade name Rogaine) as a treatment for male-patterned baldness
- Perhaps the least invasive treatment for hair loss, however, remains minoxidil, now available without a prescription.
- It may be that minoxidil will be most effective as a preventive measure, applied at the earliest signs of balding.
- The closest thing to a miracle cure for hair loss in women is minoxidil, best known by the brand name Rogaine.
News & Articles
- FDA Approved Minoxidil gets a New BOOST to Re-Grow Hair
HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Aug. 20, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Over 80 million men and women deal with hair loss in America*. The FDA approved hair loss drug Minoxidil can now get a boost from a new hair loss product called MinoxiBoost says Scott Cirillo, the owner of Binc Pharmaceuticals. The...
Aug. 20, 2013 - PR Newswire