millstone : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (figurative) something that hinders or handicaps
- n any load that is difficult to carry
- n one of a pair of heavy flat disk-shaped stones that are rotated against one another to grind the grain
- The Republicans could well find that their recalcitrance and ugly misinformation are a millstone in the next election.
- He had started becoming an excellent Senator well before his presidential millstone was lifted.
- While Washington tries to figure out how to slash $2 trillion from the national millstone of health-care costs, Administration officials say almost a third of those savings could .