millinery : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n shop selling women's hats
- n hats for women; the wares sold by a milliner
- Her boyish "flapper" creations were in stark contrast to the Belle Epoque millinery that was in vogue at the time, and about which she asked, "How can a brain function under those .
- A fitting philosophy for a house that began as a millinery in 1889.
- To provide an alternative, she opened a millinery boutique in Deauville,won enough acclaim to set up shop in Paris in 1914.
News & Articles
- Acclaimed hat designer to appear in Rancho Santa Fe on July 16
Christine A. Moore, of Christine A. Moore Millinery, fresh from her appearance on the Today Show at the Kentucky Derby, and her Triple Crown appearances heads to Del Mar to partner with Aimstar Events and Studio Savvy Salon and Spa to continue her mission to provide elegant fashion for racing.
July 13, 2013 - Rancho Santa Fe Review
- New York City hat designer to appear at Del Mar events
Moore kicks off her Del Mar events with a special appearance and Trunk Show at Studio Savvy — its Rancho Santa Fe location — on Tuesday, July 16, from noon-2 p.m. Moore’s hats will be available at both Studio Savvy locations (Rancho Santa Fe and Solana Beach). Christine A. Moore Millinery is focused on “creating wearable hat styles that push the quality of design, craftsmanship and elegance to a ...
July 13, 2013 - Del Mar Times
- Downtown over time - An illustrated walking tourJuly 19
SHIRLEY -- Did you know that over the past 150 years, downtown Shirley has supported a wide range of businesses, including a butcher shop, grain store, millinery store (hats and gloves), doctor's office and others?
July 13, 2013 - Shirley Oracle
- Aretha Franklin in Eurweb.com
As for the hat, a gray pillbox with an oversized bow on the side, Franklin said "I bought it at a little millinery that I frequent out in Detroit."
- Amanda Platell in Melbourne Herald Sun
It worked magnificently on two levels, as a mark of respect to the Queen's predictably jolly millinery concoction and also to her husband,the Daily Mail's Amanda Platell wrote. "Perched as it was on the back of her head, it offered no...
- Philip Treacy in Telegraph.co.uk
The RCA is the place to find the next wave of world-class millinery,says Treacy, "and long may it survive."