millet : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of various small-grained annual cereal and forage grasses of the genera Panicum, Echinochloa, Setaria, Sorghum, and Eleusine
- n French painter of rural scenes (1814-1875)
- n small seed of any of various annual cereal grasses especially Setaria italica
- She reaches into her apron and pulls out a handful of semi-rotten, bug-infested millet, which will be the basis for the gruel she will prepare for the meal that evening.
- If you travel by land from any Asian metropolis, it doesn't take long to hit a timeless landscape carpeted with fields of rice, wheat, millet or maize.
- Sacks of millet are offloaded into a warehouse by CARE in Maradi, Niger.
- Vijay Kumar in Thaindian.com (blog)
We hope to spur a green revolution in Africa which respects biodiversity and the continent's distinct regions and great variety of crops -- from millet and sorghum in the Sahel, to the root and tuber belts that cut across humid west Africa, to... Kofi Annan http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kofi_Annan&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGrYnnQZab6ngDH3ZLdL095P4wzzg AllAfrica.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://allafrica.com/stories/200806050376.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHx9FT_SwhqDsdwgftP_cMQlClvXQ Jun 5, 2008
63651 84981 millet Crops in Besawar,Jatoi, Nogaon and Garhwali region have been destroyed. The crops of sesame seed, bamboo and pearl millet have been destroyed completely by caterpillars," said Vijay Kumar Chattarapati, a revenue official.
- Ali Mohammed in ReliefWeb (press release)
We have cultivated a lot of millet, but with the insecurity, we are afraid to go back to harvest,Ali Mohamed Fadul, a local Sheik who oversees 45 villages, told IRIN on 7 October in ZamZam IDP camp on the outskirts of El Fasher, the capital...