- n act of assembling and putting into readiness for war or other emergency: "mobilization of the troops"
- The war led to a significant militarization of Iranian society, and the Supreme Leader, a member of the 1970s generation, has drifted away from his contemporaries toward the .
- The timing is particularly suspicious since Russia and China issued a joint condemnation of the militarization of space only days before the Pentagon went public with its plans.
- There was a lot of talk about the "militarization" of foreign policy and the need for the State Department to resume a more active role overseas.
News & Articles
- Anti-War Activists Targeted as 'Domestic Terrorists'
Port Militarization Resistance (Photo: Brendan Maslauskas Dunn) Anti-war activists who were infiltrated and spied on by the military for years have now been placed on the domestic terrorist list , they recently discovered. The shocking revelation comes as the activists prepare to sue the U.S. military for unlawful spying. read more
June 24, 2013 - CommonDreams.org
- Tendai Biti in International Herald Tribune
Militias are being rearmed, ZANU-PF supporters are being rearmed. ...... The long and short of it is that there has been a complete militarization of Zimbabwean society since the 29th of March 2008,Biti added.
- Dmitry Medvedev in AFP
We should concentrate on questions of military re-equipment,said Medvedev. "Without any doubt this decision is influenced by the crisis in the Caucasus, Georgia's aggression and its continued militarization."
- Vladimir Putin in Washington Post
The first such test was conducted back in the late 1980s and we also hear it today about the US military circles considering plans of militarization of space. We must not let the genie out of the bottle,Putin said.