midriff : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the middle area of the human torso (usually in front)
young American women believe that a bare midriff is fashionable
- n (anatomy) a muscular partition separating the abdominal and thoracic cavities; functions in respiration
- For the actress, the bare midriff meant skimpy bra tops worn with a short skirts.
- Sarah wore two-piece bathing suits and shorts where the midriff got a few inches of exposure, but the navel was concealed.
- Last week, however, he appeared to be trying to burnish his Islamic credentials when he mentioned an occasion on which a dancer bearing her midriff was invited to the presidential .
- Justin Gimelstob in TennisGrandstand
When asked if he would serve at her head, Gimelstob said "No, I'm gonna just serve it right into the body, about 128, right into the midriff. If she's not crying by the time she comes off court then I did not do my job."
- Michael Parlane in Stuff.co.nz
I've never been part of a celebration like it,Parlane said. "It just hit Neal, he didn't even catch it, it just hit him and stuck. It was one of those miracle catches that you see occasionally. It was into the midriff and then the arms...
- Leigh Matthews in SportsAustralia.com
It's been incredible,Matthews said. "I honestly can't remember back to when Chris didn't have the injury to his midriff area which has troubled him. I think it's been that long since Chris was anywhere near 100% and I guess in the last...