mid-seventies : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the time of life between 70 and 80
- By the mid-seventies, 90% of China's imports came from Britain, British India and Hong Kong, and 70% of China's exports were going to British ports.
- On the Leipziger Strasse, which amounted to a showy shopping street by East Berlin's standards, two girls with straggly mid-seventies hairstyles were languidly looking in the shoe .
- And when I was even younger, I shared a room with my teenage brother, which gave me an inordinate level of exposure to mid-seventies rock.
News & Articles
- Summer temperatures still below normal
The wind will stay northeast on Wednesday and that means temperatures will stay rather cool in Milwaukee. Look for high temperatures in the mid to upper-sixties lakeside and low to mid-seventies well inland from Lake Michigan.
July 3, 2013 - TMJ4 Milwaukee
- Nelson George in Boston Globe (registration)
George describes the post-soul era as "the twisting, troubling, turmoil-filled, and often terrific years since the mid-seventies when black America moved into a new phase of its history."
- Cyrille Regis in Times Online
Sure, I would equate it to the mid-Seventies, when loads of black players were trying to break through,Regis said. "They were always in the squad, knocking on the door, but never quite getting there. Then suddenly, in the late Seventies,...