micronutrient : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a substance needed only in small amounts for normal body function (e.g., vitamins or minerals)
- Likewise, popcorn contains lutein, a micronutrient that also has anti-inflammatory characteristics.
- Six million of these lives could be saved by basic, cost-effective measures such as vaccines, antibiotics, micronutrient supplementation, insecticide-treated bed nets and improved .
- Six million of these lives could be saved by basic, cost-effective measures such as vaccines, antibiotics, micronutrient supplement ation, insecticide-treated bed nets and improved .
- Carol Bellamy in UN News Centre
It's no longer acceptable to simply identify symptoms of micronutrient deficiency in individuals and then treat them,UNICEF Executive Director Carol Bellamy said. "We have to protect entire populations against the devastating consequences...
- Loren Legarda in Manila Standard Today
Reinforcing instant noodles with malunggay is an inexpensive way for us to enrich the Filipino household diet and put in check widespread micronutrient deficiency,Legarda said.