micron : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a metric unit of length equal to one millionth of a meter
- Simply throwing around the phrase "political speech" with no consideration for the characteristics of what it purports to describe doesn't advance the argument one micron.
- I thought of all this, two summers ago, as I watched his film Brother in the Vancouver Film Festivalone of the only movies I've seen that captures the micron-thin veneer of city .
- JetBlue played up the hygiene side of it: the sleep set, which you get to keep, "blocks all micro-toxins larger than one micron in size, such as dust mites, mold spores, pollen .
News & Articles
- Micron Gains From Burgeoning mDRAM Growth
Declining PC shipments have lowered the demand for DRAM memory products, a segment that accounts for over 40% of Micron Technology?s valuation as per our estimate. The DRAM market is also currently suffering from a demand-supply mismatch and declining selling prices, which has severely constrained industry profits. PCs have traditionally been the major buyers of DRAM, and a slowdown in the PC ...
June 10, 2013 - Forbes
- Micron Takeover of Elpida One Step Closer to Reality
When a June 7 deadline came and passed with no hint of a legal challenge, Micron took a step closer toward its acquisition of Elpida Memory. It has been nearly a year since Micron announced it wanted to take over the Japanese rival for $750 million, in a move that would expand the Boise-based Micron's portfolio deeper into the world of dynamic random access memory.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to ...
June 9, 2013 - Boise Weekly
- Micron deal for Elpida Memory appears to clear legal hurdle
Micron Technologies Inc's planned acquisition of bankrupt Japanese chipmaker Elpida Memory Inc appeared to move closer to completion on Friday after a key deadline passed without a legal challenge. U.S. ...
June 7, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance