- n a meteorite or meteoroid so small that it drifts down to earth without becoming intensely heated in the atmosphere
- When a micrometeoroid penetrates the aluminum, it will punch a hole in the plastic and fill the hole with metal vapor that is a good conductor of electricity.
- The trick is to see if one astronaut can drag another astronaut, either dead or severely incapacitated from micrometeoroid, aneurysm, whatever the case may be from one .
News & Articles
- Weather satellite reactivated after micrometeoroid hit
NOAA returned the GOES 13 weather satellite to service Monday after investigators found a micrometeoroid likely struck the spacecraft in late May, putting the satellite into standby mode for three weeks.
June 12, 2013 - Spaceflight Now
- GOES-13 weather satellite is back in action after getting hit by space rock
A tiny space rock called a micrometeoroid is apparently to blame for temporarily knocking out a weather satellite that keeps an eye on the eastern United States, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration says. The satellite was officially returned to normal operations on Monday.The micrometeroid hit an arm for the solar array panel on GOES-East, also known as GOES-13, "knocking the ...
June 11, 2013 - MSNBC
- Weather satellite revived after suspected micrometeoroid hit
By Irene Klotz CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (Reuters) - A weather satellite that failed just before the start of an expected busy hurricane season is back in service, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) said on Monday. Engineers believe a micrometeoroid hit a solar wing panel on the GOES-13 spacecraft on May 22, knocking it off balance and triggering its instruments to shut ...
June 10, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News