- n a soprano with a voice between soprano and contralto
- n the female singing voice between contralto and soprano
- This is about that glorious mezzo-soprano, the gospel growls, the throaty howls, the girlish vocal tickles, the swoops, the dives, the blue-sky high notes, the blue-sea low notes.
- The daughter of a Sydney tailor, she took her first voice lessons from her mother, a "nonprofessional mezzo-soprano," won a number of local competitions and with the prize money .
- Her voice, ranging from a mellow low contralto to a brilliant mezzo-soprano, glided through songs by Gluck, Haydn, Schubert, Rossini, Mahler, Ravel and De-Falla; the performance .
News & Articles
- Alicia Hall Moran & the Motown Project Coming to NYC June 21
Mezzo-soprano Alicia Hall Moran and the Motown Project will appear at the Highline Ballroom in New York City June 21 as part of the Blue Note Jazz Festival. The vocalist will blend classic Motown hits with operatic arias from the 17th and 18th centuries.
June 11, 2013 - JazzTimes Magazine
- Black Rock Church of the Brethren Presents Concerts – June 23rd
Date/Time: Sunday, June 23rd at 4:00pm Location: Black Rock Church, 3864 Glenville Road, Glenville A concert Celebrating 275 Years with Music will be presented by noted mezzo-soprano, Hyunjoo Yun, and her daughter and renowned cellist, Jacqueline Choi. For more information …
June 6, 2013 - FOX 43 Harrisburg
- Rob Evan in Macon Telegraph
Andrea Rivette brings "a beautiful mezzo-soprano" to the cast, Evan said, and Carter Calvert "does Patsy Cline's 'Crazy' from 'Always Patsy Cline,' and, man, let me tell you. Close your eyes and you will not believe it. This girl sings just...
- Joan Sutherland in CBS News
And I used to sit at her feet and copy what she did,Sutherland says. "I used to sing all the arias and songs which she did. She was a mezzo-soprano. So it kept my voice very much in the middle range."