- n religious texts from Deuteronomy inscribed on parchment and rolled up in a case that is attached to the doorframe of many Jewish households in accordance with Jewish law
- The tefillintwo small leather boxes containing scriptures similar to those in the mezuzah and wound on with leather thongsare a sign that the wearer subjugates his heart .
- Like all visitors, the agents came to the apartment in an elevator that opens directly through a door with a mezuzah, a tiny Torah scroll that is commonly affixed to entrances of .
- The orchestra, at an emotion-laden private party, gave him a silver-and-gold mezuzah, sculpted by Artist Resia Schor; the directors of the Philharmonic presented him with a 19-ft .
News & Articles
- Doorway by Doorway, Rabbi Seeks Montana’s Jews
HELENA — Montana's small Jewish population is scattered across a huge state that has more rodeos than rabbis, but one man is logging thousands of miles to seek out the faithful one doorway at a time. Rabbi Chaim Bruk has set his sights on making sure each Jewish home in Montana has a mezuzah at its entrance— and that those already hanging are kosher.
July 5, 2013 - Flathead Beacon
- Jack Markell in Jewish Telegraphic Agency
I do this for the kids at the Albert Einstein Academy, for Jewish kids around the state, and for all children,Gov. Jack Markell told a standing room only crowd on Feb. 23. "To see a mezuzah hanging at the governor's mansion in Dover is a...
- Shlomo Amar in Reuters Blogs (blog)
Israel's Sephardic Chief Rabbi Shlomo Amar said, "If a specific order is given in the matter, the mezuzah must be kissed from the air, to ensure that the custom is not forgotten."
- Garnet Coleman in Austin American-Statesman
Coleman told me earlier this month: "It's silly to me that anyone would be opposed to the placement of a mezuzah."