mettle : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the courage to carry on
- To Lord Lloyd's Cairo tea party there came an old and broken statesman who knew the British Baron's mettle.
- By that time, the sport was already a centuries-old, integral part of Hawaiian culture: chiefs proved their mettle by showing off their wave-riding skills, and new surfboards were .
- Now that he holds a great executive office, he is showing his mettle in government while losing none of his ability to be a pleasing newsmaker.
News & Articles
- Purdue's firefighting robot showcases its mettle in blaze
Purdue's firefighting robot proves its mettle in Hoopeston, Ill., warehouse fire
June 20, 2013 - Journal & Courier
- Pandora Radio: 2013 Is Your Make Or Break Year
The Internet radio company’s official numbers aren’t showing it just yet--but new competition from Apple and rising tensions over royalty costs will test its mettle (and its business model). For Pandora, the competitive terrain has never looked rougher. In the last month, the company was joined by two gigantic, notoriously disruptive competitors: Google and Apple. As part of its All Access music ...
June 20, 2013 - Fast Company Magazine
- Photos: Aurora BayCare High Cliff Triathlon
Athletes test their mettle during the Aurora BayCare High Cliff Triathlon at High Cliff State Park in Sherwood on Saturday.
June 18, 2013 - The Appleton Post-Crescent
- Joe Biden in Boston Globe (registration)
Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy. . . . I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate. And he's gonna need help,Biden said, though he added that...
- Ahmed Nazif in International Herald Tribune
We know Mahalla is suffering and you have passed through many crises,Nazif told them. "But it is through crises that men prove their mettle."
- Carolyn Bivens in USA Today
It's no secret that the road ahead, particularly 2009, is going to test our mettle,US LPGA commissioner Carolyn Bivens said.