metronome : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n clicking pendulum indicates the exact tempo of a piece of music
- Neuroscientist Alvaro Pascual-Leone instructed the members of one group to play as fluidly as they could, trying to keep to the metronome's 60 beats per minute.
- Today, she relates the events of April, 22, 1979, with a strong voice, in a beat as steady as a metronome.
- A ticking metronome was set beside a dog.
News & Articles
- NOTEWORTHY DEATHS
Devo drummer with tempo of metronome Alan Myers, the former longtime drummer for the band Devo, best known for “Whip It,” has died after a battle with brain cancer.
June 27, 2013 - Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
- Former Devo drummer Alan Myers, the human metronome who appeared on the seminal new-wave band's bigg
Former Devo drummer Alan Myers, the human metronome who appeared on the seminal new-wave band's biggest hit "Whip It," has died from brain-cancer complications. Read more...
June 26, 2013 - Gawker
- Alan Myers, longtime Devo drummer, has died
Chances are in coming days when you’re reading about percussionist Alan Myers, who died Monday after a battle with brain cancer, the words "human metronome" will be used. Myers' drumming for punk band Devo came to define the band’s off-kilter sound.
June 26, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Ron Wilson in TSN.ca
We were having trouble concentrating on where to go,said Wilson. "For example, our (defencemen) moving the puck quickly - we were like a beat slow on the metronome tonight."
- Graeme Murphy in Kansas City infoZine
In his program notes, Murphy writes, "After the human body, the piano has always been my favorite instrument. It is the music-maker of my memory, and the melodic metronome of my earliest dance training."
- Brad Childress in Minneapolis Star Tribune
Frank Kush used to use a metronome back there,Childress said.