- n a Protestant denomination founded on the principles of John Wesley and Charles Wesley
- n a follower of Wesleyanism as practiced by the Methodist Church
News & Articles
- Churches split on what to do about Scout sponsorship
One Catholic pastor says his Keller church will stop sponsoring Cub Scouts while Mormons and Methodists stick with the program.
June 18, 2013 - Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Service projects draw 900 across Covington
The Methodists may have started it all, but more than 900 volunteers banded together in Covington Tuesday to do good deeds for the community.
June 12, 2013 - The Cincinnati Enquirer
- UMC numbers continue to decline
Although the number of United Methodists members declined this year — as did average attendance — one local pastor said the North Alabama statistics did not apply to this area.
June 12, 2013 - The Times-Journal
- Pat Robertson in CounterBias.com
As Pat Robertson said on his 700 Club (January 14, 1991), "You say you're supposed to be nice to the Episcopalians and the Presbyterians and the Methodists and this, that, and the other thing. Nonsense. I don't have to be nice to the spirit of the...
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
Speaking of his own faith In his prepared remarks today, Obama said: "I was not raised in a particularly religious household. I had a father who was born a Muslim but became an atheist, grandparents who were non-practicing Methodists and Baptists,...
- Janice Riggle Huie in Worldwide Faith News (press release)
United Methodists in the Philippines and the United States are deeply troubled by the growing violence of the military under President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo,Huie wrote in her Aug. 21 letter to President Bush, who is a United Methodist....