method : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a way of doing something, especially a systematic way; implies an orderly logical arrangement (usually in steps)
- n an acting technique introduced by Stanislavsky in which the actor recalls emotions or reactions from his or her own life and uses them to identify with the character being portrayed
- The sisters have taught the method to 64,000 women in the Indian state of West Bengal.
- Coach Biggie Munn of Michigan State, whose football team has not lost a game since the fall of 1950, is a methodical man.
- As more students turn to online paper mills for help, schools are fighting back with their own high-tech methods of detecting cheats.
- Dick Durbin in The Associated Press
While this method would require a complex feat of engineering, we need to understand the costs and benefits and whether this method offers the best hope for a long-term solution for containing not only the carp, but other invasive species,...
- John Roberts in International Herald Tribune
Roberts said "a condemned prisoner cannot successfully challenge a state's method of execution merely by showing a slightly or marginally safer alternative."
- Barack Obama in Meattradenewsdaily (blog)
It is also a reality that the practice of mountaintop removal mining has a diminishing constituency in Washington. It is not a widespread method of mining, with its use confined to only three states. Most members of Congress, like most Americans,... Robert Byrd http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Byrd&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGGKFm_-9PSn2ZmPEi_IcQh8SrfSw istockAnalyst.com (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/3687928&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFpBGb8xfzu1S3DCBLPt7sir0Zvvg Dec 4, 2009
63124 84225 methodical We are going to do it in a methodical fashion. I want to make sure that everything is lined up properly by the time that I visit Korea in November. And then in the few months that follow that, I intend to present it to Congress," Obama added.