- n a light volatile flammable poisonous liquid alcohol; used as an antifreeze and solvent and fuel and as a denaturant for ethyl alcohol
- Trace amounts of methanol exist naturally in many fruits and vegetables, and a tiny amount is released whenever the body digests aspartame.
- It is powered by eight 150-horsepower methanol-burning rotary engines, has a state-of-the-art, microprocessor-controlled steering system for increased stability and can reach top .
- Though rare, natural-gas or methanol vehicles may be worth $12,000 in tax credits.
- Tony Stewart in USA Today
The hard thing was you could hardly see anything,Stewart said. "The cars were so fast - they were a blur. But, to see those cars under caution and smell the methanol fumes and everything, it was pretty cool."
- Bruce Aitken in CFTKTV
Clearly there is a big drive to increase the consumption of methanol in gasoline in that country,Aitken said during the call to discuss the company's recent earnings.