- n synthetic narcotic drug similar to morphine but less habit-forming; used in narcotic detoxification and maintenance of heroin addiction
- Methadone, which easily crosses the placental barrier, may impede the fetus's normal development.
- Thousands of heroin addicts have kicked the habit with the help of the synthetic drug methadone.
- To many of those involved in the fight against heroin addiction, methadone seems to be the most workable weapon yet devised.
News & Articles
- Drug Bust In LeRoy, Two Arrested
LeRoy, N.Y. - Authorities say the seized hypodermic instruments, methadone, a small amount of cocaine, and more.
June 13, 2013 - 13WHAM Rochester
- Lowell rejects methadone clinic move to Chelmsford border
LOWELL--The city's Zoning Board of Appeals voted 4-1 Monday night to reject a special-permit application to allow a methadone clinic to move from the city's downtown to a vacant building near the Chelmsford border.
June 11, 2013 - Lowell Sun
- Plea in Goodview methadone killing
Jeffery Jon Schumacher Sr., 58, of Goodview, pleaded guilty to second-degree manslaughter and second-degree controlled substance crime, providing methadone to a minor, last Thursday.
June 11, 2013 - Winona Post
- Eminem in Bild.de
Eminem said: "My doctor told me those mysterious new pills were methadone, which is used to wean heroin addicts off dope. Had I known it was methadone, I probably wouldn't have taken it. But as bad as I was back then, I can't even say 100 per cent...
- Jerry Brown in Reuters
These cocktails, methadone and anti-depressants and sleeping pills and Xanax, it explodes,Brown said.
- Fergus Ewing in Glasgow Evening Times
Mr Ewing said: "As a government we will not take sides in the debate between the just say no' and the harm reduction' lobbies. There is a place for both approaches. It is clear that methadone does have an important part to play in tackling heroin...