mescal : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a small spineless globe-shaped cactus; source of mescal buttons
- n a colorless Mexican liquor distilled from fermented juices of certain desert plants of the genus Agavaceae (especially the century plant)
- Financed mostly by Tokyo's Toyoda Mills, it is run by Japanese engineers, employs 800 Mexicans whose highest skill until lately was making mescal.
- He predicted "a perilous reign of the mescal habit when this agent becomes attainable.
- By distilling fermented pulque they make mescal, a potent liquor.
News & Articles
- Coming of age in Mescalero
Visitors, family and friends will be offered a special opportunity to witness the coming-of-age ceremony of five Mescalero Apache maidens over the July Fourth holiday on the 469,741-acre reservation that abuts Ruidoso.
June 26, 2013 - Ruidoso News
- On The Record: Sheriff's arrest report, June 14-June 20
June 14 10:45 a.m. A Mescal man, 27, was charged with failure to appear second degree, transportation of marijuana for sale, transport/sell dangerous drug, possession of dangerous drug for sale, possession of marijuana for sale and two counts of wire communication for drug transaction. 11:15 a.m. A Sierra Vista woman, 25, was charged with criminal damage. 1:00 p.m. A Douglas man, 38, was charged ...
June 25, 2013 - The Sierra Vista Herald