- Even meritless complaints can lead to costly court battles, a threat that can inhibit even the wealthiest news organizations.
- Jackson says the suit is "meritless.
- The newsmen chose to protect their sources rather than respond in person to charges they dismissed as meritless.
- Bill Pryor in Newsday
We conclude that the arguments about the suppression of evidence, sovereign immunity, discovery, jury selection and the trial are meritless, and sufficient evidence supports each conviction,Circuit Judge William H. Pryor wrote.
- Stephen Breyer in Washington Post
The decision probably will result in a flood of false arrest suits, "no matter how meritless the claim," because criminal defendants won't risk missing the deadline, Breyer said.
- Sonny Perdue in Rome News-Tribune
With the help of the General Assembly, we'll make plain that the threat of meritless litigation is not a viable business strategy in Georgia,Perdue said.