- n an idle worthless person
- s without merit
a lazy no-count, good-for-nothing goldbrick
- The band helps project the same image by dressing up in old-timey clothes ("early bad taste") and lolling around the stage like lazy good-for-nothing aristocrats.
- Unlike his famed grandsire, who (according to Emil Ludwig, famed Teuton biographer) until he was well past 30 was considered a "Taugenichts" (good-for-nothing), annoying his .
- All children familiar with fairy tales are aware that Hansel and Gretel's father was a good-for-nothing.
News & Articles
- That Good-for-Nothing Congress Is Actually Getting More Done
That's right, the good-for-nothing, inept, ineffective, partisan, unyielding Congress everybody loves to hate is actually getting more productive, at least according to some measures.The American Enterprise Institute and Brookings Institution just released their Vital Statistics on Congress—a trove of legislative data—and it shows that lawmakers have been putting in more hours to pass more ...
July 10, 2013 - National Journal via Yahoo! News